Sunday, November 26, 2006

Fuck, the "women in the music industry" debate rears it's stupid head into the debate once again. I'm overjoyed that The Gossip frontwoman, Beth Ditto, is topping the Enemy Cool List. But, fuck me, define me by my uterus and go and give yourself a blow job.

Women have inspired rock and roll since year dot and I can't believe it's even an issue that women make records. Celebrate the difference in the music that is made, notice the nuance and sing along if you dare (boys).

I recently gave a lecture to a class of Music Management, 18 year old students. Half of them were girls and they are better equppied to deal with the vague job roles of the music industry. They can selflessly leave their egos at the door when dealing with the 60% ass holes that you find yourself dealing with in that line of work. They can play off up to five different, difficult bastards who think that the world revolves around their feckless artists. Dealing with each of their individual, thankless tasks with equal care and attention.

Men are easy to work with, it's when you get TOO many girls on board that you have problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home